Wednesday, January 04, 2006

To move or not to move

I need some opinions. My friend Juanita is moving to Pennsylvania with her family. She is really pushing for me to move with her. The idea is both appealing and not so appealing. I will miss Juanita alot and what little of a social life I do have will disappear 90% when she moves. We tell eachother everything. Her husband says he can get me a job with his company making better money than I do now, but my job now has excellent benefits. Munchkin loves her boys to death. They are all like brothers. A move may be just what I need to give my life a little push and excitement. Maybe my true love lives in Penn. Then again do I really want to move Munchkin from his family and friends here? I am extremely close to my family even though they drive me nuts most of the time. If I went with Juanita I would get out of my parent's house, but I would just be moving in to hers so I wouldn't really be on my own. I have told Juanita that after she and her family get settled then I will consider the move, but she countered that with they need to know if I am coming so that they can consider what type of house. That is putting alot of pressure on me. I don't want me to be the deciding decision on their house. I mean what if I do move there and I find the love of my life and move out after 6 months? Also she has said that one of the reasons her husband took the transfer is because after 2 years he will have the option of picking his next transfer. So do I really want to move there and get settled and then have them move away and leave me stranded? I just don't know what to do. I have been debating this for a week or so. Argh. I wish I knew what to do. If it was just me I would probably move in a heartbeat, but I have Reese to consider too. I will have to talk to a few other people and find out what to do. If anyone actually is reading this let me know what you think.


Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. And I really likes yours.

That's a really tough decision. I don't know if I would have the guts to do it. Especially on my own with a kiddo.

I don't know how single moms do it. My hat is off to you.

Jaelithe said...

I think I would be very scared to leave behind a good family support system, if I'd ever had one LOL. But then again, if you don't take a risk you'll never be able to leave . . .

Still, I like the idea of waiting until they're established there before making your own decision. What if the your friend's husband discovers he can't stand the people he's working with at his new office, and wants to quit? What if that "great job" he's offering you doesn't work out for you, but they're depending on your income to help them pay for a house? What if the house they buy doesn't close on time, or needs major repairs? Won't everything about moving and buying a house be that much more complicated if there are two families involved?

I know they are pushing you to make a decision now, and I understand why they want you to, but I don't think it's fair for them to insist that you have to decide before they go, as this move sounds like a pretty big deal.

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Kate said...

Just a few words about something related to photos. You may not believe but I meet someone special in online dating service with picture personals at Check it if you're looking for free single and fun. Adult Singles