Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In Need of an Outhouse

Since the weather was so pretty this weekend Munchkin played most of the weekend with our 8 year old neighbor, Ana. The 2 of them pretty much spend all their time home together, which makes us parents a little nervous. I know they are young, but you still worry about when they might get a little curious about eachothers different body parts, so we tend to constantly check on them if they are in a room alone.

One day they were at Ana's house playing in her room. Her door was shut, but cracked enough that you could hear them. Kim, Ana's mom, told me that as she was walking past the room she heard them talking about playing "doctor". She freaked out and whipped the door open so fast to see what was going on. To her relief that had a floor full of sick and injured stuffed animals that needed medical attention.

Now back to this weekend. As I was walking passed our sliding doors to the yard I noticed Reese was pulling up his pants. At first I thought that he must have fallen and his pants got stuck. I wanted to be sure so I called him over to the house. I knew something was wrong when he slowly wondered over. I proceeded to ask him why his pants were down. His response? He had to go to the bathroom and he didn't think he could make it, so he went outside. Yes I know that all boys/men pee outside on trees, so I shouldn't have gotten upset. However I did for 3 reasons. 1. He did it with Ana standing right next to him watching. 2. He doesn't know how to discreetly lower just the front of his pants, so everything including underwear were down around his ankles. 3. He did in the middle of a cute old couples yard that connects with ours. So needless to say I was furious. I think Munchkin will be in his late 30s before he ever thinks about peeing outdoors again.

No comments: