Thursday, March 30, 2006

Gotta Love Those Concerts

All week long I have been listening to the radio for a Tim McGraw and Faith Hill song being played back to back. Then when it happens I desperately try to be the 9th caller. Dialing frantically with my cell in one hand and the house/work phone in the other. Unfortunately I have yet to win.
This obsession of mine is probably bugging the hell out of everyone around me. I make my family listen to the radio at home all night long and at work I am constantly telling my coworker that Tim or Faith is on the radio be ready to dial. I can't help it I love Tim. He is hot!! Plus his shows are really good.
My first Tim McGraw concert was back in 1999. This was the first concert that me and my best friend went to together. We had shortly met a year before that. Our seats weren't the best, but they were great for us. At what was Riverport many people get lawn seats, but we opted to get reserve seats that year. We were in the last row, but there was no one around us, so we could jump all around. We even had the ticket checker guy dancing with us. Right as the concert ended it began to pour. So here we are walking back to our car in the rain and me wearing a white shirt. My friend kept yelling for all the guys to look at the wet t-shirt contest. This was when I still had the before baby body so I was totally milking the attention. Never really revealing anything. After walking for about 15 minutes we discovered that we couldn't remember where we parked the car. After wondering around for another 15 minutes in the rain we found it, but unfortunately the parking lot was at a stand still. What were we suppose to do then? Well I used my womanly charms to get weasel us some drinks and smokes for a group of guys in a truck. I can be quit persuasive. We were just sitting in the car freezing and waiting to get home when we discovered the people next to us were just as bored, but had figured out something to do. To our dismay they had taken their cooler out of their back seat and decided to crawl back there themselves for a little "couple time". I was shocked, but laughing hysterically at the same time.
That was one of my best nights ever. So it has now become a tradition to see Tim every year. And to attend as many concerts with as many girls as possible in which my stunts become crazier every year. Cause what happens at Riverport stays at Riverport.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. You really do love Tim. Faith hill is So lucky! Yes?

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't been to any concert in years...